- Our News
- Lets Talk Business
- Family and Home
- Health, Nutrition and Exercise
- Fashion and Beauty
- Love and Relationships
- Make a Difference
- Profiled Personalities
- Women of the World
Makes 12 muffins
275ml (260g) demerera or treacle sugar
250g parsnips, peeled and grated
1 medium apple, peeled and grated
50g walnuts, roughly chopped
zest of 1 naartjie
500ml (250g) Sasko Cake Flour
5ml Moirs baking powder
For the icing:
250ml cream cheese
250ml (110g) icing sugar
5ml vanilla extract
juice of 1 naartjie
1. Heat the oven to 180C, grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
2. Melt the butter with the sugar over a low heat, then allow to cool.
3. Whisk the eggs and add to this mixture, then stir in the parsnip, apple, chopped walnuts and naartjie zest. (Keep the naartjie for the icing).
4. Fold in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
5. Divide between the 12 muffin holes, then bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops spring back when pressed slightly.
6. Cool the muffins before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
7. Mix together icing ingredients and ice each muffin before serving.
*TIP substitute parsnips for carrots if not available
Chai Tea Hot Cross Buns
Chocolate Banana Loaf
Christmas Ice Cream with Salted Caramel & Mince Pies
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Courgette
Cumin & lemon biscuits
Granadilla curd & mascarpone tart
Lemon Rosemary Cakes
Plum cake with mascarpone
Polenta cake with berries
Ricotta & Pine Nut Tart (Italian Easter Tart)
Sweet Foccacia with berries & maple syrup
Saffron Sticky Breads/Buns
Custard & Thyme Tart with Blueberries
Beetroot & Chocolate Cake
Chocolate & Sweet potato Muffins
Red Velvet cake with cream cheese icing